For the latest Warren Buffett, go to WarrenBuffettNews.com – Warren Buffett and Bill Gates often play bridge together. They both eat junk food and have simple tastes. Buffett really is different. The guys on Wall Street like quick profits, but Buffett takes the long view. With an investment attitude, you look at the asset to generate the returns for you. If you buy a stock hoping that the price goes up, that is pure speculation. You have to deal with things you are capable of understanding. Then it needs to have a durable competitive advantage with talented management. You finally need a price that makes sense. With this checklist, you can find some good investment opportunities. Coca-cola (KO) ticked many of Buffett’s boxes in the 80s by a comfortable margin. Buffett bought a billion dollars worth of shares. They were very aggressive in buying KO. They also invested in American Express and Disney (DIS). They put a third of their assets into KO. You don’t need to diversify. Stick with what you know. Your 50th stock idea won’t be as good as your first. If you bet on someone early like Buffett, it can really pay off well. Buffett has spent 80 years working up a file of everything he knows about business, and he worked at it all the time. Buffett started with a pinball machine business and a used golf ball business. He also had adolescent troubles, especially when he moved to Washington DC.
When investors think of the person and success they would most like to emulate, Warren Buffet’s name is top on the list. He is seen an extremely successful and moral investor that has made his money through dedication and diligence.
Buffet’s entire life is a testimonial to the American dream and what can be achieved through smart investing. Warren Buffett holds position two, as the second most affluent man in the United States. He is unique to that list because he has made the majority of his wealth investing in other companies.
Warren Buffett presently presides as the CEO of his investment company, Berkshire Hathaway. He acquired this company in the late 1960s, nurturing and molding it into the highest priced and most fruitful listing on the New York Stock exchange.
Warren offers an unusual duality for a business man. He is often described (even by himself) as an introvert with simple tastes and a disheveled appearance. Pair this shy, “grandpa-like” exterior with a commanding aptitude for power investing and judiciously seeking out corporate talent and management – the combination is unstoppable.
Warren Buffett’s methodology and life philosophy is diligently studied, he is worshipped, respected, and recognized as the world’s most successful investor of the 20th century. Conservative in business and appearance he is a liberal at heart, which contrasts him sharply with his peers. He has set the standard for and broken the stereotype that a successful business man cannot flourish financially and maintain a solid set of ethical ideals.
Warren Buffett is a “reluctant” philanthropist. Giving away money is just like loosing money, and Buffett does not like either. It was, his wife and later his traveling companion, Susan, that inspired, and encouraged Warren to give money to number of local charities. These nonprofit organization were located in regions suffering from poverty, that she found herself dedicated too.
Even though he believed that these organizations would misuse the funds and his money would be wasted, he donated freely. He supported his wife’s ideals and became an active participant in her causes which centered around abortion, birth control, and homeless youths. Together, the pair created a foundation called Glide.
This organization was a joint venture used to direct monetary contributions to those particular causes. In 2000 it was rumored that Buffett, upon his passing, intended to make the Buffett Foundation his sole beneficiary. Warren Buffet love baseball and can often be overheard and quoted using baseball metaphors in his lectures, books, and interviews.
This love of baseball prompted his over 1 million dollar contribution to Omaha’s Minor League Baseball Commission to ensure baseball stays in Nebraska. Warren also aided Grinnell College in acquiring a radio station that was public, for 13 million dollars. Grinnell, two years later, sold the station for 35 million dollar profit.
Buffet was temporarily apprehensive over the sale, but the returned revenue spoke for itself. He has also indulged his liberal side by investing in a libertarian magazine start-up in Washington DC, which eventually failed.
In Search of Investment Wisdom – A Review of Berkshire Hathaway’s 1987 Annual Shareholder Letter
By Bill Smith. This time we review Warren Buffett’s 1987 annual shareholder letter for his accumulated investing nuggets of wisdom. Although he’s never written a book, he pens these letters each year covering many subjects of interest to his shareholders, and uses them as a vehicle to discuss the subject of investing. Read more » » Read more on Guru Focus
Hill’s final acts raise questions
Over the past several weeks, as Spotsylvania Superintendent Jerry Hill traveled the school division on a farewell tour, he spoke of playing a role in assembling the next Spotsylvania School Board. “I’m working kind of behind the scenes, really hard, to encourage good people to run for the School Board,” Hill told teachers and administrators assembled for a faculty meeting at Wilderness … Read more on The Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star
1. A mind free shares: shares a lot of people handle every day, every day would like to share, do post every day, and I found that Buffett’s approach is completely different: do not look to see the company stock, do not want the price to value, not to make speculative investments . With many people’s eyes compared to only stock prices, Buffett did not stock, but as investment shares into business as a real investment: “You do not buy the stock, but the company.”Stock Market Today – Stock Quotes | Market Watch | Financial News http://www.stockmarkettoday.cc/
2. Safety First: Many people ask for money to life, in order to make money rather the huge investment, Buffett has stressed safety first, money second, losing money may be small, the possibility of large profits only when the shot. Buffett said: “The margin of safety is the cornerstone of investment success.” The margin of safety often appear in the stock market crash, good company when the stock price plunged. Most people like to chase sell, Warren Buffett on the contrary, abandoned as I get, people take me for.
3. Stock picking as election Wife: A lot of people picking is very frivolous, frequent conversion, Buffett irony for the stock market, “one-night stand”, he was selected stock picking as his wife: “We are looking for investment targets in the attitude and look for life partner exactly the same attitude. “I be summarized in three points: the attitude of caution and strict standards, very little amount.
4. To know ourselves: to know ourselves and be victorious. Warren Buffett minimal loss of stock selection, one important reason is that he only vote for those who own very familiar, very familiar, very sure of outstanding shares. He repeatedly stressed that the first principle of investment is the ability to circle principle: “capacity ring size is not important, the ability to know their boundaries is critical circle.” I’m picking it summed up three major precepts: can not choose, unfamiliar not vote, do not understand not vote.
5. First-class business: Buffett said: “We insist on looking for business-class company.” While ordinary investors to determine whether the business class is the simplest and most effective way to grasp the core of the key points: the brand. Best reflects the core business is first class brand, and first-class brand must have three elements: the famous, old, big.Stock Market Today – Stock Quotes | Market Watch | Financial News http://www.stockmarkettoday.cc/
6. Top management: Warren Buffett’s company to find not only a first-class business, but also have first-class management. He told us: “the acquisition of companies and buy shares, we want to buy the target company not only good business, but also have extraordinary outstanding, smart and capable, the subject of the beloved manager.” Buffett is often just like the company’s managers bought the company’s stock. I will be required for managers Buffett summed up as both ability and integrity, especially in demanding ethical, honest, sincere, loyal, in fact, is what we often say “Three Masters”: telling the truth, do practical things the old , so honest.
7. First-class performance: Warren Buffett said: “I just like those proved to have the continued profitability of the enterprise.” Promote long-term stock price continued to rise, and eventually only one force: profitable growth. I found that drive prices in the process of performance and the launch vehicle to promote the satellite into space, the process is very similar. As a listed company’s share price satellite launch vehicle to promote its profitability like, but also can be divided into three levels, first level is the gross profit, net profit of the second level is the third level is retained earnings. Buffett’s first-class performance required to meet three criteria: high-margin, high ROE, high retained earnings stock conversion.
8. Value Assessment: Warren Buffett has a famous saying: “You pay the price, but you get value.” Key to value investing is what you get is far greater than the value of the price you pay. The biggest difficulty is that value investing, the price is clear, but the value is very clear, only about the assessment themselves. The main valuation methods are generally based on three areas: asset value, profitability, cash flow. Buffett believes that free cash flow for valuation according to the most correct way.
9. Focus on investment: a very popular investment approach is to spread investments, do not put your eggs in one basket, but buy a lot of stocks, each stock to buy only a little, this seems more robust, making money is even greater. Buffett opposes diversification, advocates focus on investment: “Do not put all your eggs in one basket, this approach is wrong, the investment should be like Mark Twain suggested, put all your eggs in one basket years, and then watch that basket. “” Our investment concentrated in only a few outstanding companies who, we are focused investors. “I think it is similar to Buffett’s investment principles focus on the military principle of concentration of forces, popular that is to bet big to win big, but it requires three conditions: win big need great wisdom, great gambling need to Dayong, Dacheng need a big bear.http://www.stockmarkettoday.cc/best-10-tips-for-stock-investment.html
10. Long-term investment: Warren Buffett joked that his head with the butt earn money more than, in fact, better than anyone else because he could get is maintained: “My favorite time of holding a stock is: never . “long-held, easy to say, it is hard. Buffett was able to sum up my long-held stock is years or even decades is the secret of three heart: the determination not to sell dead; confidence, not to sell more profitable; perseverance, ups and downs do not sell. But need to note is that Buffett does not sell long-held and has been only a very small number of stocks, Buffett will also hold a lot of stock after a few years time to sell.
PeterSchiffBlog.com – Invest like this yourself by reading the book – http Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger are two of the greatest investors of all time. Thousands of people go to Omaha every year just to hear a few minutes of their investment advice. What is most interesting is that their advice typically goes against the “mainstream”. The mainstream would like you to think that successful investing is an extremely complicated matter that requires the understanding of complex mathematical formulas. However, this is NOT the way that Buffett made his billions. Video Rating: 5 / 5
Buffett 10% Investment Munich Re Says 20 Prostitutes Attended Rewards Party
Just because today was lacking a little on the whole surreal news track: MUNICH RE SAYS PROSTITUTES ATTENDED AGENTS’ REWARD PARTY MUNICH RE SAYS ABOUT 20 PROSTITUTES WERE AT 2007 BUDAPEST PARTY MUNICH RE SAYS PROSTITUTE PARTY AT SPA VIOLATED COMPANY POLICY Well at least someone was rewarded at the peak of the credit bubble. In completely unrelated news, Munich Re gets a Buffett boost Read more on Zero Hedge
Allstate Purchases Esurance for Billion
Allstate Corp., the U.S. auto insurance giant, on Wednesday signed an agreement to acquire Esurance and Answer Financial for $ 1 billion combined, from White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd. Read more on The Epoch Times
Swap the management-speak for plain English
Why does so much of the language of management seem to be about concealing meaning, rather than revealing it? Read more on The Globe and Mail
Nothing ever ends as good as it should. Example: my forthcoming death. Now, a person of my prestige should die in a spectacular way—such as being eaten by wolves, or rescuing a basket of kittens from inside an erupting volcano while using an experimental jet pack. Unfortunately, it ain’t gonna end this way. Like you, I’ll probably meet my fate at the hands of prostate cancer, heart attack, or … Read more on The Source Weekly
In Search of Investment Wisdom – A Review of Berkshire’s 1983 Annual Shareholder Letter
By Bill Smith. In this article we review Warren Buffett’s 1983 annual shareholder letter for his accumulated investing nuggets of wisdom. Although he’s never written a book, he pens these letters each year covering many subjects of interest to his shareholders, and uses it as a vehicle to discuss the subject of investing. Read more » » Read more on Guru Focus
National business briefs for May 7
Credit card use rises for second time since 2008 Read more on Richmond Times-Dispatch
MYSTRATEGYSTORE.COM, INC. Makes First Investment In Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Sherwood, AR (PRWEB) March 22, 2010
During these difficult economic times, most businesses are going under, laying off workers and watching their 401(k)s dwindling in value, the founder and CEO of MYSTRATEGYSTORE.COM, INC. has been able to weather the storm. In fact, Gerald Dukes, the Founder and CEO of MYSTRATEGYSTORE.COM, INC. has grown the company’s unique visitors from 100 visitors per month back in November 2009 when the company was incorporated, to 4,000 unique visitors as of end of February 2010 and is growing.
“About 30% or 1,200 are loyal customers or buyers on my website,” Dukes said. “Our Web site visitors are coming from 78 countries in addition to the United States. Our largest revenue generators are our social virtual gaming page and both of our Men and Women Product Pages,” Dukes said.
“I am blessed to be able to invest into Mr. Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class B shares. I have been doing research on the company for five years and have been waiting on the sidelines for the shares to split into affordable shares. I decided to use a portion of my company’s capital to invest in a stable company that I understand, a management team that I respect and trust and a place where I can store capital for the next ten years or so. MYSTRATEGYSTORE.COM, INC. have invested $ 10,000 into Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class B shares and will receive the stock certificate within 4-6 weeks. As our revenue grows and we have excess cash to deploy, we will be adding other income producing assets in the near future to the company’s investment holdings,” Dukes said.
About the company
MYSTRATEGYSTORE.COM,INC. is an online advertising, shopping and virtual gaming site that offers a fun and unique shopping experience for the entire family. For more information, visit http://www.mystrategystore.com.